I’ve recently been looking for a comprehensive list of mail/groupware servers/services that offer Exchange ActiveSync integration, e.g. for the iPhone or Windows Mobile. Since I couldn’t find one, I’m putting together a list myself. (I’m not including Microsoft Exchange Server and all those Hosted Exchange solutions, since they’re pretty obvioius choices.)
Article last updated on 2013-08-01.
Note that Google Mail and the (discontinued) free tiers of Google Apps for Business dropped EAS support for new devices in January 2013.
- Google Apps for Business
- Outlook.com (free)
- MyKolab, which is protected by Switzerland’s strong privacy laws
- Office 365
- NuevaSync Premium: works with any IMAP mail server
Groupware software: (many of these are also available as hosted solutions from various hosters)
- Zarafa (uses Z-Push)
- Tine 2.0
- Open-Xchange using OXtender for Business Mobility (commercial add-on)
- Scalix using Scalix ActiveSync (commercial add-on)
- Zimbra Collaboration Suite using Zimbra Mobile for Smartphones: (only in commercial version)
- EGroupware (only in commercial version)
The best-looking free solutions are Kolab (if you need a complete groupware) and PHP Push 2 (if you already have IMAP, CalDAV and CardDAV servers or want to run Owncloud for the latter two, have an existing IMAP server and run Roundcube as webmail).
If you know any others, please go ahead and add them to the comments, and I’ll add them to this list.